Five years ago I decided to start throwing my handful of experiences into a blog and see what would happen. It seemed like a little pebble, but it made a big splash and today, I’ve had over 450,000 hits and have received many, many wonderful emails from readers asking questions and telling me how this little project of mine has helped.
So, to celebrate our 5th birthday, we’re throwing a party by means of a contest. There are some fabulous prizes including free facials and free high tea. At least 33 people will win.
How can you win? On July 31st, there will be a random drawing. Your chances depend on how many entries you have in the pot!
~ Comment on a post. Constructive comments that add to the content of the post. Ex. Did you like the restaurant? Do you know another kennel that isn’t listed? Tell us about your experience with what ever the post is about. You’ll earn one entry per comment. (Please leave your name with the comment, as I cannot track entries for anonymous posts).
~ Send in YOUR contribution. Have you eaten at a restaurant that isn’t in this blog? Have you been somewhere or taken a trip that you can’t find here? Send in your experience. Tell us where you went, where you stayed, where you ate. Give us the kind of details that help you when you read this blog. You’ll earn 4 entries per contribution (5 entries if you send a photo.) Send entries and photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Earn one more for following Living in GK on Twitter and earn another extra by mentioning @livinGK on twitter.
- 20 Euro gift certificate from Lori’s Sandals
- A lifting facial treatment including neck & shoulder massage from Dawn Grocott
- A natural looking spray tan with Sunjunkie plus 15 % off 2 further spray tans from Dawn Grocott
- 4 Free Make-up Workshops with Dagmar Noethlichs (75 Euro Value)
- 2 – 50-Euros off of a nail course including a certificate with Dagmar Noethlichs
- 20 of you will get a 15 Euros off of nails plus free nail design with Dagmar Noethlichs
- 5 glamor or evening make up for a special event or party with Dagmar Noethlichs (60 Euro Value). Make up done to suit your style.
- Free threading (eyebrow, lip, or full face) at the new Spoil Me Day Spa
- A 2 for 1 all-you-can-eat dinner at TR&TA Sushi in Sittard.
- A gift certificate for breakfast for two good Monday – Saturday at the Beecker Bauern & Erzählkaffee.
- High Tea for 2 persons at Bagels and Beans in Sittard.
Below is the first email that I sent to let people know that this site existed. I sent it to about 20 friends. What I wrote here is still exactly how I feel about this blog and the direction it should still be heading. I am going to make some changes soon to make it load faster and some other little things will change, but the goal is to help this community by sharing information. Your comments, suggestions, and contributions are vital to its success. Thank you!
The humble beginning: Just a handful of posts and an email to friends…
From: Tiffany Weber email@example.com
Sent: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 1:29 am
Subject: New GK Website
This is just a very small start, but together, it could turn into something that could really benefit people.