Leave a comment to add your favorite school and home resources!
- http://www.schooldigger.com: Scroll over the map to see different schools with their addresses, links, and ratings. Search for schools and click on schools to see information, test scores, ratings, reviews, and demographics.
- http://www.greatschools.org/: Reader recommended. “I was very interested in the 1/10 score b/c that’s how the school tests, but I was also very interested in the 1/5 star score b/c those are from parent reviews – and I read the comments and put stock in those. I was also willing to go down on the first score for a more diverse student body and higher scores from parent reviews.”
- http://www.homes.com: This covers a lot. I was able to find more here than on other web sites and with this one you can also search by county if you want a particular school district.
- http://www.militarybyowner.com: The title is self-explanatory. This is a tremendous resource if you’re looking for a home to rent or buy after a PSC or if you are moving and want to list your home. It’s by owner, so you have personal contact and can learn more about the area. I know people that use this site a lot to list their own homes and we were just able to find an amazing rental here. Since these aren’t listed through brokers, they aren’t always found on other sites. I recommend checking this and the site above to get a better list of home options.
- http://www.ahrn.com/: You have to log into this site to search it, but it comes highly recommended from people who have used it and found their homes.
- http://www.trulia.com/: Reader recommended.