AMERICANS: A few minutes of your time and a few drops of your blood can make a huge difference. Help our your GK community at Oct 28th blood drive at GK.
Open to U.S. ID Cardholders Only
Thursday, 28 Oct 2010 — 1100-1730 hours
Location: Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base Chapel Annex (Bldg #3)
- If you had a tattoo in any of the following States listed, you may “NOT” donate and must wait 12 months to donate. All other US States (not listed) are acceptable one week after acquiring the tattoo.
- 12-MONTH WAIT: CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW MEXICO, NEW YORK, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, UTAH, WYOMING, (WASHINGTON IF TATTOO ACQUIRED PRIOR TO 1 JULY 2010, ONE YEAR DEFERRAL, AFTER THAT DATE IS A ONE WEEK WAIT)
You will not be able to donate blood if:
- You have a cold, flu or fever
- You have had acupuncture in the past 12 months
- You are age 16 or younger
- You weigh less than 110 pounds
- You traveled to Iraq, Eastern Turkey, Afghanistan or western provinces of Saudi Arabia (excluding the high altitude areas of Asir Province and the urban areas of Jeddah, Mecca, Medina, Riyadh, and Taif/ Prince Sultan Airbase) in the last year
- Within the last 2 years, you traveled to South Korea and were north of Seoul at any time including the DMZ Tour (provide specific dates)
- You spent 3 months or more in the United Kingdom from 1980-1996
***UK time after 31 Dec 96 does not count against a person for donating (not counted as European time)
- You have had Hepatitis after your 11th birthday
- You have HIV, or ever tested positive for HIV
- You are pregnant or have been pregnant in the last six weeks
- The name of any medication you are taking or have taken in the past 4 weeks (i.e. Aspirin, Tylenol, Birth Control Pills, Antibiotics, etc.)
- Any immunizations (including smallpox) administered in the past 4 weeks.
- Every Place you have been to outside of the U.S. or Canada since 1980. (INCLUDE ALL DEPLOYMENTS.)