Geilenkirchener Strasse 361
Tel: 01633 338 058
Wow. A real gem – especially if you are a foodie or cook international dishes. This market is small, but packed with a lot of great finds and fantastic prices!
- Really fresh dried spices for half the price you pay at the commissary
- Tahini, paprika paste, sambal ooleck, and many other specialty foods for Turkish, Indian, and other middle eastern/Asian dishes.
- Nice selection of grains and rices, bulgar in various sizes, red, yellow, and green lentils
- Marinated peppers and other great veggies in jars – delicious sun dried tomatoes!
- Turkish coffee and tea, Turkish tea pots and tea glasses.
- Fresh produce hand picked by the shop owner each morning – I picked some lettuce and the lady at the cash register went and exchanged it for a fresher one.
They speak German well and of course, Turkish. English is slim, but many of the food labels have a “GB” English translation.