Distance to nearest bases: About to the GK back gate, 15 to Schinnen and Brunssum; 20 minutes to the GK front gate
Distance to nearby towns: About 15 minutes to Heinsburg, 20 minutes to Geilenkirchen, and 15 minutes to Sittard
Size of your town: Medium town with nice residential areas and a lot of shopping nearby.
Schools: needs your input
Sense of community: needs your input
- The Münchhausen Erzählkaffee located inside the beautiful old building with the bells in the roof – right next to the church. Great breakfast buffet. Nice light lunch with soup. Good cakes and coffees. http://livingingk.blogspot.com/2008/01/muenchhausen-erzaelkaffee-in-gangelt.html
- Turkish Restaurant: http://livingingk.blogspot.com/2008/06/2landereck-turkish-restaurant.html
- A steakhouse, an Il Genios, and several other restaurants line the main street (B56)
- Family Fun at Haus Hammacher – swimming, a lake, golf, etc: http://livingingk.blogspot.com/2008/07/beyond-haus-hammacher-fun-in-gangelt.html
- Wild Park Ganglet – Zoo: http://livingingk.blogspot.com/2007/10/wildpark-gangelt.html
- There’s a bakery on the main street and a florist near the church. A Schlecker is on the corner.
- Near the Rathaus is a large playground and green area.
- The new Mercantor hotel offers a cafe and spa services for non-hotel guests as well.
- If you turn north at the narrow intersection near the church and drive a couple blocks straight through the round a bout, you’ll find a Penny Markt and an antique shop.
- Just near the roundabout on the west side of town, you’ll find a Mobau, Extra, Fressnapf, Aldi, Plus, DM, Organic Food store, Kik, and several other shops.
- Annual Christmas Market – a nice one. Small, but has a lot of handcrafts and good prices.
- Other random annual events – the gourmet festival is always great!