There are a zillion travel books/guides/sites/articles about Vienna, so there’s no point in trying to recreate it here. Just like any other big city, there is a too much to do here, so find out what interests you and do your research. If it’s museums, you’ll find plenty. Theater/music? It’s there and there are tickets to be found. History and architecture? More than you will have time to see. And the food. Mmmm… even the street vendors sell yummy stuff.
Tiefer Graben 14-20
** Historical – Mozart actually stayed here at one point. Right in the centrum and close to everything. We walked all over from our hotel. 5 minutes from the Burg Theater. Extremely clean, modern rooms. Spacious by European standards. HUGE breakfast buffet – delicious! I’d stay here again.
Museums: Though there are many here scattered around the city, the biggest, “most important” ones are all sitting conveniently together. The Museum Galerie houses a couple museums including one for children, and a nice restaurant as well with reasonable prices.
- Natural History Museum: http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/
- Modern Art Museum: http://www.mumok.at/
- Art History Museum: http://www.khm.at
- Leopold Museum: http://www.leopoldmuseum.org
- Architecture Museum: http://www.azw.at/
Theater: If you want to go to the theater, go to the Burg Theater (1010 Wien, Dr. Karl-Lueger-Ring 2). This is the place to go. Beautiful, historic, loved.
- Schönbrunn Palace – absolutely beautiful: http://www.schoenbrunn.at/en/
- Belvedere — gardens, castle, museums with a nice collection of Klimt: http://www.belvedere.at
- Schweizer Garden: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/parks/schweien.htm
- The Prater — A large ferris wheel and amusement park. Has been there a long time. http://prater.wien.info/index-e.html