Ok… so we have some options now with groups. There are a lot of women’s clubs (listed in another post), churches, sports teams, and other ways to be involved here. And, for those of us who use our computer for just about everything, there are several groups out there for us too. Can’t have too much of a good thing, can you?
All of these groups have two things in common:
1) They were started with the idea of bringing people together and providing a support system for people living here temporarily.
2) They can’t survive without your involvement and contribution. If the page looks blank, add what you know. Someone out there is interested and has probably asked that question before.
- Living In GK Facebook Page: For the Facebook community, this new group is modeled after this particular blog so that blog readers can connect and comment/share information in an easier format. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-In-GK/123464947690470?ref=ts
- Military Spouses in Europe: Another Facebook group, this one is ladies only. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2305521007#/group.php?gid=2386663897
- NATO Airbase Geilenkirchen Community: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2305521007
MySpace Group: http://groups.myspace.com/GEILENKIRCHENABPCS